Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Writing Experience

I have always struggled with english and writing throughout school. I have always been more of a science or math person. As a freshman I had a smaller vocabulary which caused my papers to suffer even more than they do now. Having a small vocabulary while struggling with sentence structure and grammer caused my papers to not flow well. I have also struggled with length. When my teacher sets minimum amount of pages for our papers I have always struggled to meet that amount. I find myself putting extra, unecessary sentences in my paper to fill the gaps and meet the page number requirement. This has also caused my papers to not flow well. Hopefully this year I will develop as a writer, improve my vocabulary, and find ways to keep my paper flowing while meeting the minimum requirements.

I'm not a very good writer, but I'm an excellent rewriter. ~James Michener

No comments:

Post a Comment